From the time spent packing to the days spent on the road, moving to a new home is often a stressful process. But, blasting just about the right songs can make the time pass more quickly. Playing songs about moving away will also give you a bit of energy and enthusiasm in your step throughout the moving process. When putting together your moving day playlist, we recommend adding these tunes about moving away to the queue. Best of luck, happy moving and rock away!
Songs about moving away and saying goodbye
1.“Already Gone” by Kelly Clarkson
2.“Begin Again” by Taylor Swift
3.“Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson
4.“Changes” by David Bowie
5.“Closing Time” Semisonic
6.“Come Home” by OneRepublic
7.“East Bound and Down” by Jerry Reed
8.“Float On” by Modest Mouse
9.“Get Home” by Bastille
10.“Go Your Own Way” by Fleetwood Mac
11.“Gonna Move” by Paul Pena
12.“Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)” by Green Day
13.“Goodbye Town” by Lady Antebellum
14.“Gotta Travel On” by Billy Grammer
15.“Hit the Road Jack” by Ray Charles
16.“Home” by Daughtry
17.“Home” by Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros
18.“Home” by Jack Johnson
19.“Home” by Michael Buble
20.“Home” by Phillip Phillips
21.“Homesick” by Dua Lipa
22.“Homeward Bound” by Simon and Garfunkel
23.“I’ll Always Remember You” by Hannah Montana
24.“I’m Moving On” by Elvis Presley
25.“I’m Moving On” by Rascal Flatts
26.“Leaving On a Jet Plane” by John Denver
27.“Move Along” by The All American Rejects
28.“Move It On Over” by Hank Williams
29.“Move On Up” by Curtis Mayfield
30.“Movin’ On Up” by Ja’Net DuBois
31.“Movin’ Out” by Billy Joel
32.“Moving” by Supergrass
33.“Moving On” by Bad Company
34.“Moving On and Getting Over” by John Mayer
35.“On the Road Again” by Willie Nelson
36.“Send Me On My Way” by Rusted Root
37.“Should I Stay or Should I Go” by The Clash
38.“Somewhere Only We Know” by Keane
39.“Take Me Home” by Jess Glynne
40.“Too Good at Goodbyes” by Sam Smit”
Songs about moving to a specific place
1.“Boston” by Augustana
2.“California” by Phantom Planet
3.“California Girls” by Katy Perry
4.“Empire State of Mind” by Jay Z and Alicia Keys
5.“Georgia On My Mind” by Ray Charles
6.“Going to California” by Led Zeppelin
7.“Gone Country” by Alan Jackson
8.“London Calling” by The Clash
9.“Midnight Train” to Georgia by Gladys Knight
10.“New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra
11.“New York State of Mind” by Billy Joel
12.“San Francisco” by The Mowgli’s
14.“Song of the South” by Alabama
14.“Sweet Home Alabama” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
15.“Sweet Home Chicago” by Robert Johnson
16.“Take Me Home” by John Denver
17.“Walking in Memphis” by Marc Cohn
Upbeat tunes for packing and moving
1.“Bulletproof” by La Roux
2.“Don’t Stop Believin” by Journey
3.“Get Lucky” by Daft Punk
4.“Happy” by Pharrel Williams
5.“Hard Day’s Night” by The Beatles
6.“I Love It” by Icona Pop
7.“Irreplaceable” by Beyonce
8.“Life Is a Highway” by Rascal Flatts
9.“Postcards” by James Blunt
10.“Roll to Me” by Del Amitri
11.“Time of Our Lives” by Pitbull, Ne-Yo
12.“Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go” by Wham!
13.“Walking on a Dream” by Empire of the Sun
15.“Walking On Sunshine” by Katrina and The Waves
Not enough time to create your moving day playlist?
Also, you can find ready-made playlists on Spotify so you don,t have to worry about using your time for that purpose. All you have to do is type “Moving Day” in the search engine, scroll down to where it says “playlists” and click “see all.” Then you will quickly find a wide variety of moving themed playlists created by Spotify users.
Other recommendations for passing the time while moving?
Whether you’re busy packing boxes or driving long distance, there are plenty of ways to stay joyful and full of energy throughout the move. In addition to listening to feel good music, we can offer 4 strategies to make the time pass more quickly while moving.
- Invite friends over to help you – Packing up your home all alone is no fun. To help the time pass more quickly, invite friends or family to help you. Even if they prefer to sit on the couch and fool around, it’ll still be nice to have company during your move.
- Ask a friend to join you on the road trip – If planning a road trip to your new home, invite a friend to join you. Having someone to talk to during the trip will make it go much faster and easier. You will also have an extra hand to help you get settled in your new home.
- Listen to an audiobook – Listening to an audiobook in your home and in your car or aeroplane should make the move fly by. For a large selection of books, sign up for Audible. Amazon Prime members even have access to a rotating group of Audible’s books at no additional cost at all.
- Listen to Podcasts – From news and how-tos to health and wellness, the never-ending lists of Podcast subjects should keep you distracted from all the moving stress. Not only will it make the packing and moving go by faster, but you’re sure to learn something new in the process and be richer for a piece of new knowledge.
- Also, you can call a friend or family member when moving. Catching up with loved ones while packing or driving is sure to make the time go by faster and be enjoyable.
Are you prepared to move?
Leave the moving details to us. To find a reputable and reliable moving company in your area, check out Intermove Bosnia. All of our movers are well trained and professional, so you can rest assured that your move will be in good hands. For extra help organizing the details, let us provide you with the best tools to keep your move organized as you start this next chapter.
Just relax and enjoy your tunes and everything else is our job.